Students may be admitted to any college within the Texas State Technical College System under any of the following categories. These apply to students in college credit programs.
- Graduate from a high school accredited by a state department of education and/or a recognized regional accrediting association.
- Transfer from another college, university, or other higher education institution that is regionally accredited.
- Earned a GED® Certificate, as certified by a state education agency.
- Meet international student criteria. Potential students who reside in the United States but are not citizens must present proper documentation for an appropriate visa category. Additional information relating to academic background and financial support, as well as a personal interview, may be required for admission. See “ International Students” under the Admission Procedures section for further information.
- Meet individual approval criteria. Potential students who do not meet any of the above requirements and are age 17 or older and no longer attending high school may be admitted through individual approval.
- Meet exceptional admission criteria. Potential students who are under age 17 may be admitted through the exceptional admission program under one of the following categories, provided they present sufficient evidence that they can do college-level work.
- Age 16 or older and currently enrolled in high school without a diploma or GED, or age 16 or older and a graduate of an unaccredited or home high school.
- Age 16 and no longer attending high school, or age 15 or younger.
All TSTC students, unless exempt or TSI waived, must take an approved test for TSI before enrolling at TSTC. If you have attended another college an evaluation of you transcript by a Success Coach may be enough.
If you are exempt from testing based on scores from the following approved tests: TSI Assessment, ACT, ASSET, Compass, SAT, TAKS or THEA; further testing will not be required. You must provide a copy of your scores for evaluation by a Success Coach prior to registration. If you are unable to provide your scores you will be required to take an approved test for academic placement prior to registration.
The TSTC Center for Assessment administers the TSI Assessment as its placement test. For more information please contact the Center for Assessment at 254-867-3609.