Important Dates & Information for Students receiving Financial Aid for the Summer 2015 Semester
REFUND RELEASE DATES (When do I get my money?)
Funds WILL NOT be released before these dates
TSTC Waco’s student identification card, the TECH OneCard, is how you receive your financial aid. This card handles all ID card services, such as checking out library books and eating in our TSTC Café. It will also be how you receive your financial disbursements, such as refunds and financial aid awards.
Through the college’s partnership with Higher One Inc., you will have two options regarding the way you receive a refund. The OneAccount, and you’ll receive refunds within days of processing. Or, you may elect to have funds transferred to a third-party bank (such as your existing bank account).
The ID card will be mailed directly to the address you have on file with the college. If you need to update your address, please stop by the Admissions office or fax changes to (254) 867-2250.
STUDENT LOAN DATES
• May 21, after 5 p.m. – Grants, for all students, and loans for returning students.
• June 12, after 5 p.m. – Loan funds for students receiving their first Federal Direct Student Loan at TSTC (First-time borrowers).
• Non first-time loan borrowers who have a loan for the summer semester only - 1/2 the money on May 21 and 1/2 the money on July 7.
• First-time loan borrowers who have a loan for the summer semester only - 1/2 the money on June 12 and 1/2 the money on July 7.
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES
• All tuition and fees must be paid OR a payment plan made by: May 6.
• First day to charge against available financial aid in the TSTC Bookstore: May 4.
• Last day to charge against financial aid in the TSTC Bookstore: May 19.
• Last day for refund on tuition if you drop a class: June 6.
• If you withdraw from all your classes at TSTC before July 13, (60% point of the semester), you will owe part of your financial aid back to TSTC.
First-time borrowers may apply NOW for a $300 book loan to use in the TSTC Bookstore starting May 12. You MUST have completed loan steps before receiving book loan.
IMPORTANT – If you drop a class prior to May 27, your financial aid will be adjusted and you will owe part of your refund back. NOTE: This does NOT include the even swap of drop/add of the same number of credit hours.
Visit Financial Aid in the Student Services Center or call (254 )867-4814 if you have questions about these dates. Click here to learn more about the TECH OneCard.