Need To Know
Graduates will get up to 8 tickets for family and friends to attend the graduation ceremony at Operation Graduation. All graduates must attend Operation Graduation. Click here for dates and details.
- Fill out one white index card, located on the tables in the line-up area
- This card will be used to announce your name as you cross the stage.
- Please also write out clues about how to pronounce your name to help the announcer say it correctly.
- Find your department/technology sign on the wall in the line-up area in the robing area.
- Tassels go on the right. (The announcer will tell you when to change to the left— after all graduates have walked across the stage!)
- Commencement programs will be in your chairs inside the auditorium. (Please do not take one with you to your seat—it is there waiting for you!)
- Dressing facilities will not be available, and there will not be a secured area for you to leave personal items. (Suggestion: Consider leaving these items with a family member, friend, or locking them in your vehicle!)
- At 6 p.m., family and friends will be asked to find a seat so that we may finalize the line up for the processional. The doors will close at 6:20 p.m. and no late guests will be let in. Please ask your guest to arrive early.
- By 6:15 p.m. you should be lined up alphabetically (within your program/technology).
- You will proceed into the auditorium and walk through a line of faculty. (Be sure to take your card!)
- You will be guided to your seats, row by row, by ushers.
- As you enter the seating row, please go all the way down to the end and stand in front of the next chair ... taking every seat, and remain standing until asked to be seated.
- When it is time for you to cross the stage, the ushers will direct you to the stage one row at a time (by technology, in the order you lined up).
- As you reach the announcer, give him your card.
- You will pronounce your name for him, and he will announce it. (Do not proceed across the stage until your name is called.)
- Cross the stage, receive a folder from the President in your left hand, shake his hand with your right hand, pause for a photo at center stage, continue to other side of stage and exit.
- You will also pause after you've walked across the stage for another photograph.
- RETURN TO SEATING AS DIRECTED BY THE USHERS. You may be seated when you reach your seat. Graduates will need to remain in their seats for the entire ceremony.
- You will be escorted out when the ceremony ends. Congratulations!