The Student Success Center at Texas State Technical College is an open, interactive learning environment available to all TSTC students. It is designed to help students become successful in their quest of completing educational goals. The Student Success Center’s staff and peer student tutors provide assistance with academic and technical subjects through one-on-one and small group tutorial sessions.
At the center you will find:
- Tutorial services directed toward student success;
- Opportunities to be partners in the learning environment;
- On-going training for peer tutors; and
- Tutors with National peer tutoring certification.
What is Peer Tutoring?
Peer tutoring is a program to help students who require additional assistance in academic subjects. Students are tutored by upper year students who have successfully completed the course.
Do I Need It?
Reasons to seek tutor assistance:
- Difficulty understanding course material
- Want to improve your grades
- Want tips on how to study effectively
The TSTC Success Center has received the Level 1 International Tutor Training Program Certification from the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA). CRLA is "a group of student-oriented professionals active in the fields of reading, learning assistance, developmental education, tutoring, and mentoring at the college/adult level" (http://www.crla.net/about/index.htm).